-->

Sunday 7 August 2016

July Favourites

Before I started my own blog I was -and still am- an avid reader of blogs, in particular beauty/fashion focused bloggers. One of my favourite blog posts to read are monthly favourites where people discuss the things they’ve been obsessing over for that month.

When I started considering doing a blog I knew 100% that monthly favourites would be a feature I would include. So without any more waffling on, here is my very first monthly favourites post – my July favourites!





--------- SKINCARE ---------


Soap & Glory The Scrub of Your Life





During July I have been practising my tanning routine in the hope that I will be able to leave the house without my pasty legs. With tanning comes a responsibility to exfoliate properly, something I never gave too much thought to before, only exfoliating when I remembered.

I’ve been using Soap & Glory’s The Scrub of Your Life which smells INCREDIBLE. It’s really gentle whilst still exfoliating your skin evenly and to a good standard. 

As you can tell I’ve nearly finished the whole tube and I’ll definitely be re-purchasing.


Kiehl’s Washable Cleansing Milk // Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturising Serum Concentrate





This favourite is a bit of a two in one as I’ve been using these products together. After I finished uni I was sick of my skin being in a constant stressed and angry looking state so I went to Selfridges to splurge on some luxury skin care.

The man I spoke to at the Kiehl’s concession was amazing and so knowledgeable, he made the whole experience really eye-opening for me. He started off by working out exactly what type of skin I have by taking swabs from my forehead and cheeks. This made sure that the products he was recommending to me were suitable for my skin type.

I eventually settled with the cleansing milk and the serum which I have been using together. As I mentioned, these are more expensive products than those you can pick up from Boots or Superdrug like Simple or Nivea, but they have worked wonders for me. My skin is noticeably clearer and if I do get a spot it’s gone within a couple of days compared to before when I would have a spot for a least a week before it would leave.


--------- BEAUTY ---------



Michael Kors Coral Eau De Parfum



This perfume is the perfect summer scent as it is fresh and fruity whilst remaining very feminine and classy. It also contains sandalwood which is one of my favourite scents so this perfume was always going to be a winner for me.

It is also eau de parfum which is really important to me as it means that the scent lasts longer and I don’t need to keep reapplying, something that is annoying during the summer months.


Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge



This sponge is incredible. Before buying this I had tried a beauty blender from Primark and loved the concept but hated the quality of it, which is not surprising considering it was so cheap.

I was in the queue to Boots when I saw this at the counter and decided to give it a go and I’m so glad I did. The shape of it is the same as the classic beauty blender but it also has a flat part which is so useful for getting into those nooks and crannies on your face.

As with any beauty blender this should always be used damp to give that beautiful dewy effect but it can also be used dry if you want to create a matte finish. This product is especially amazing for setting concealer under the eyes – a real staple item.

I only bought the one to test it out but now I love it, the pack of four is a much better deal so I will link both in the products list so you can opt for whichever you prefer. The only annoying thing about this product is that make up does stain it so no matter how much you wash it you'll never get it back to its original condition, as you can see from mine!


--------- FASHION ---------



Guess Delaney Petite Tote with Crossbody Strap




I’ve been totally obsessing over this Guess crossbody bag this month. I bought this bag last summer when I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise and I’ve loved it ever since. As it is floral print, it is a very seasonal bag so I hadn’t been using it during Autumn and Winter and forgot about it during Spring to be honest! Since I found this bag in my cupboard I’ve been wearing it to death.

This bag comes in a variety of colours and patterns but I opted for this pretty pastel floral pattern. I’ve done some research and I’m not sure if this exact style is available anywhere anymore but I’ve linked some similar bags in the product list that you can always find at the end of the post.

--------- MUSIC ---------


As I have Spotify I’m always discovering new songs to love so this section of my July favourites is very likely to continue throughout the months.

Rock Bottom by Hailee Steinfeld ft. DNCE

Just go and listen to this if you haven’t already. It’s very catchy but it still has a bit of a grungey side to it I would say, it’s not annoyingly ‘poppy’ like some songs are.


Say It by Flume ft. Tove Lo

I’ve loved Tove Lo ever since Talking Body so hearing her feature in Flume’s song Say It was very welcomed by me. This is a very summer appropriate song as it is chilled out whilst still having a cool vibe to it.


*** 

Hopefully I've given you some new things to try out during the month of August based on what I was loving in July! 

S x 


Products Mentioned:

SKINCARE:
Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life:
Kiehl’s Washable Cleansing Milk:
Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturising Serum Concentrate:
BEAUTY:
Michael Kors Coral Eau De Parfum:
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge:
Real Techniques 4 Miracle Complexion Sponges:
FASHION:
Ted Baker Top Handle Floral Tote Bag:
Guess Isabeau Small Floral Handbag:

MUSIC
Rock Bottom by Hailee Steinfeld ft. DNCE:
Say It by Flume ft. Tove Lo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZe5K1DN4ec
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sarah Elizabeth

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig