-->

Monday 1 August 2016

Mini Make Up Haul


Ever since finishing Uni in May and moving back home, I've inevitably found myself with a LOT of free time. 

To try and cure the boredom I've rekindled my love for YouTube, discovering new channels and YouTubers to watch. Watching bomb make up tutorials are my favourites which is how I've found myself in my current mess of a situation - I can't stop spending money on make up. 

I've been getting so spendy on make up it's ridiculous. Every time a YouTuber uses a product I automatically need it in my life to be able to continue living (obviously). My Pinterest (sar4helizabeth) is dedicated to the products I want and I have so many  notes in my phone telling me what I need to buy next. 


As ever, I will of course put links at the end of the post so you can buy anything I've mentioned here. So without further ado, here are the make up pieces I've recently acquired... 



1. Kiko Supergloss - 103 & 112

These two babies are my newest purchase and I'm in love. In Birmingham we're lucky enough to have a new Kiko store. When I was shopping yesterday I couldn't help but spot the 'SALE 70% OFF' signs and what do you know? All of a sudden I was in there. 


My attention was drawn to these lip glosses when I watched a Holly Boon make up tutorial on YouTube; go and check her out if you haven't already. 


These lip glosses are originally £4.90 each but I got them for £2.40 so naturally had to buy more than one. 


The colours I picked up are quite similar but 103 has a browner undertone whereas 112 is more on the pink side. I used 112 when I went out last night and absolutely loved how it looked on and it didn't feel sticky either! 


If you're thinking of shopping at Kiko - the also have an online store - make sure you sign up to their reward scheme as there are good discounts for once you reach a certain number of points. 


2. MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural - Give Me Sun
I've been using this as a bronzer and it's sooo nice. The formula is really lovely and gives your skin such a warm look, as if your tan is natural. I would definitely recommend applying this with a gentle hand as it's very pigmented which I discovered the first time I used it when I ended up with a brown streak down my cheek. 

It is very pricey for what it is in my opinion, but so far it seems as though it will last a long time.




3. Mary- Lou Manizer Highlighter 

After watching countless YouTube tutorials where people used this product I knew I needed it but I didn't think I would ever be able to get it. Then one day I walked into Superdrug and was greeted with a The Balm concession stand. I literally pushed my way through a small crowd to grab one of these highlighters. 

It's such a flattering colour and gives your skin that perfect 'my highlight is POPPIN' look that we are all so desperate to achieve.


4. MAC Cremesheen Glass - Boy Bait 

I have always wanted to try the MAC Cremesheen lip glosses and this shade was perfect for me. You'll soon learn that I like to play my lip colour safe and stick with nudes and pinks as I feel like that's what suits me the most. This colour is so flattering and wearable for day or night. 

For the price you pay I wouldn't say it's any different to any other lip gloss I own or even my favourite one, but I'm still glad I own it. 



5. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - Fair

(Please excuse the state of this concealer - I left it in the sun and the label has worn away!) I love this concealer and it's so so affordable. I got the shade 15/Fair which is lighter than my skin tone. I use this under my eyes, down my nose and on my Cupid's bow to add a natural highlight, which I can then amplify with my highlighter later on. This product is really creamy and the coverage is really good. 

To get the most out of this concealer I make sure to set it. As translucent powder is not yet something I own I just use my pressed powder which I break up using the end of a make up brush to make it loose - such a DIY Queen! 



6. Benefit Sun Beam Golden Bronze Complexion Highlighter

When I went to benefit to test out their new brow range, I was sat by all their tester products that they show people. I instantly reached for their sun beam highlighter after my friend Katie had shown me her Benefit High Beam highlighter  

I loved the colour of the Sun Beam highlighter as it is golden which is unlike any other highlighter I've seen/owned. It's amazing how little product you need to use to create such a beautiful look. 
This highlighter is such a staple in my make up routine now because even if I want to use a different highlighter, I'll put this one on first to intensify the look of the second one. 




7. W7 Lengthening Mascara 

When I recently went to the Cheshire Oaks Designer outlet (look out for a haul post soon!) there was a discounted make up shop selling all the usual drugstore products for cheaper than normal. I was excited when I noticed their w7 section, products which are ridiculously cheap and raved about but quite hard to get hold of. I picked up their mascara for £1.99 which is such an insane price! 

This mascara has a 'no fuss' wand which I like as it makes your lashes look more natural and not clumpy like the thicker mascara wands do. The label boasts 'thickening' qualities but I wouldn't say it thickens lashes at all so if you're looking for that I wouldn't recommend this mascara. But it definitely suits what I want for a day look.


7. NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick - Corset & Push Up

As I mentioned in my disappointing products post (have a look if you haven't already!) Boots have recently started stocking NYX products which is an absolute dream. 

The NYX stand at my local Boots is unfortunately very small so the full range is not available. I've been wanting to try their lingerie liquid lipsticks but they were one of the things that weren't stocked. However, (thank God for small mercies) I recently stumbled across a huge Boots store in central Birmingham that has the largest NYX section ever so I was able to get my lingerie fix! 

I picked up two of these in the shades Covet and Push Up. These are really pigmented and quite a thick formula so a little goes a long way. 

When I first used these I was so disappointed because they're very drying and seem to fall into any cracks on your lips. Whenever I do my lips I apply lip liner all over my lips to form a base and I found that these liquid lipsticks were incredible, they're still quite dry but nowhere near as bad as when you use them alone. 



8. Glowcomotion 
I picked up the highly recommended glowcomotion highlighter - I know you're probably getting annoyed at my highlighter obsession! 

This was another Cheshire Oaks bargain - it was only £3.99 and the quality is amazing.

Compared to the Mary-Lou it's more of a browner shade in the pan but I'd say the colour on the skin is very similar so a good alternative if you're wanting to spend less money. 




It's not until I did this post that I realised how many lip glosses/ liquid lipsticks I've bought recently oops...


S x



Products mentioned:

Kiko Supergloss - 103: 
http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-gb/make-up/lips/lip-glosses/Supergloss/p-KM00202002

Kiko Supergloss - 112: 
http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-gb/make-up/lips/lip-glosses/Supergloss/p-KM00202002

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural - Give Me Sun: 
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/13849/30734/Products/Makeup/Face/Powder/Mineralize-Skinfinish-Natural#/shade/Give_Me_Sun%21

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter: 
http://www.superdrug.com/The-Balm/The-Balm-Mary-lou-manizer-Highlighter-shadow-shimmer/p/950457?singleResultSearchPage=true

MAC Cremesheen Glass - Boy Bait: 
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/13853/4384/Products/Makeup/Lips/Lipgloss/Cremesheen-Glass#BVRRWidgetID

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: 
http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Fit-Me-Concealer_1279343/

Benefit Sun Beam Golden Bronze Complexion Highlighter:
 https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/sun-beam

W7 Lengthening Mascara:  
https://www.w7cosmetics.co.uk/collections/mascara/products/mascara-lengthening-black

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick - Corset: 
http://www.boots.com/en/NYX-Lip-Lingerie-Lipstick_1822563/

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick - Push Up: 
http://www.boots.com/en/NYX-Lip-Lingerie-Lipstick_1822563/

Glowcomotion: 
https://www.w7cosmetics.co.uk/products/glowcomotion
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sarah Elizabeth

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig