-->

Sunday 16 October 2016

Make up Haul - Too Faced, Sleek, NYX and More!

Having a job also means having a pay packet, something I've not been used to whilst at University. Now I'm a fully fledged adult (wishful thinking) I've been enjoying spending my money on things I definitely don't need. 

You may have seen my tweets recently (@sar4helizabeth) explaining how I've gotten rid of waaaaaay too many of my clothes, meaning I now own about 3 outfits, so today when I went shopping with Katie I was in desperate need of clothes. Which is why I only bought make up. Good one Saz. 






---- NYX ----

I've said it before and I'll say it again - bringing NYX to UK Boots shops was the single best idea ever. Unfortunately the Boots I went into was low on stock for pretty much every product, so there was limited choice which in hindsight was probably a God send for my bank balance. 

I picked up the Born to Glow Illuminating Primer to replace my Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer. I've heard good things about the NYX primer and when I tested it on my hand it felt so silky and gave a lovely glow, which is ideal for those colder months when your skin is looking and feeling a bit dull. 

(I'll link everything or similar products at the end of the post!) 


---- TOO FACED ---- 

I've been after the Better than Sex mascara for a while so when my other mascara ran out I jumped at the chance to get my hands on this product. 

I actually bought this mascara when I was shopping last weekend (beginning to think I may have a spending problem...) but I'm including it in this post as I know it's very popular at the moment. 

The look it creates is exactly what I wanted - drama, length and volume. I wouldn't say this is as much of a dream product as I was expecting as it's quite clumpy, feels heavy and flakes quite a bit. I rubbed my eye the smallest amount earlier and my Mom told me I looked like something out of a horror film. How rude. 


--- SLEEK ---- 

Boots now are also the proud owners of a Sleek concession *hallelujah chorus*. 

I've been after a new foundation for a while but I hate anything that looks cakey, so I've been looking for alternatives. When I found the Barekissed Illuminator in the shade Pompeii I was in heaven. This product reminds me of the Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil because it creates a really natural bronzed look that gives you such a beautiful sunkissed glow. 

This comes in four different shades and can be used alone, as a base for foundation or mixed with foundation to illumiate the skin. GLOW UP. 

I also bought the True Colour Lipstick in the shade Mulberry which is the perfect 'autumnal' colour. It's the ultimate berry colour which I love during these months. 

The moment after I took the photo of my purchases I shut the lid on this lipstick, chopping off the top of it so that's not ideal. 


---- P.S. ---- 

'Testing Primark make up' has been a popular thread that's been circulating YouTube recently and I wanted to try out a couple of their make up bits for myself. I played it safe and got two of their lip products, one which is a lipstick crayon and the other is a liquid lipstick.  

As I mentioned before, I'm loving the berry colour for Autumn so of course the two lip colours I got were virtually identical to the one I bought five minutes previously from Sleek. I'm so ridiculous. 

The Lipstick Crayon is in the shade Midnight which is actually completely different to the P.S. Lipstick shade Midnight so be wary! The Liquid Lipstick is in the shade 07 Kendall. 



- left: Sleek; centre: P.S. Lipstick Crayon; right: P.S. Liquid Lipstick. - 


---- SOAP & GLORY ----


Colour correcting is a pretty big thing right now and when I've dabbled in this technique, I've found it makes so much difference to the finished make up look. 

I'm very lucky to have good skin but when I get breakouts, it's pretty bad and the redness is hard to hide with just concealer. When I saw Soap & Glory's colour correcting range I was dying to try it out. As redness is my biggest skin complaint, I decided to just go with the green concealer, although I was tempted by the Super-Blur Imperfections Eraser! 


Seeing as I didn't get any clothes today, I'm now going to crack on with the online shopping so watch this space! 

S x 



Products Mentioned: 

NYX:
Born To Glow Illuminating Primer:
http://www.asos.com/nyx/nyx-born-to-glow-illuminating-primer/prd/6583040

TOO FACED:
Better Than Sex Mascara: 
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_154614000099_-1

SLEEK:
Barekissed Illuminator Pompeii: 
https://www.boots.com/en/Sleek-Barekissed-Illuminator_1750712/
True Colour Lipstick:
https://www.boots.com/en/Sleek-MakeUp-True-Colour-Lipstick_1393161/

P.S.:  
Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon:
https://www.primark.com/en/product/velvet-matte-lipstick-crayon-in-plum,R35397119099021
Super Matte Liquid Lipstick:
https://www.primark.com/en/product/plum-matte-liquid-lipstick,R35397119134982

SOAP & GLORY: 
Kick Ass All is Calm Anti-Redness Concealer:
http://www.boots.com/en/SOAP-GLORY-KICK-ASS%E2%84%A2-ALL-IS-CALM%E2%84%A2-ANTI-REDNESS-CONCEALER_1800925/
Super-Blur Imperfections Eraser: 
http://www.boots.com/en/SOAP-GLORY-SUPER-BLUR%E2%84%A2-IMPERFECTIONS-ERASER_1800929/

OTHER PRODUCTS MENTIONED: 
Benefit That Gal Primer: 
http://www.boots.com/en/Benefit-That-Gal-primer_49605/
The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil:
https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/body/bronzing/shimmering-dry-oil-honey/p/p000807





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sarah Elizabeth

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig