-->

Monday 2 January 2017

December Highlights

Happy 2017!

I hope you’ve all had an amazing Christmas and New Year and have taken time out to relax. It’s safe to say that I haven’t blogged a lot during this month – December is always super busy. 

Today is my last day before returning to work (*sobs*) so I figured it would be a good opportunity to reflect on some of my highlights from December. Here’s what you’ve missed – in no particular order…




1.    Cambridge


One of my favourite parts of December was a mini getaway to Cambridge with my uni loves. It’s true when they say that long distance friendships are harder than long distance relationships! Since finishing uni, we all live in different parts of the country which makes meeting up regularly pretty difficult.
This weekend was just what I needed to be able to have a huge catch up with what's going on in each other's lives and spend some quality time together! 

2.    Timeflies



     This weekend was one of the funniest experiences of my entire life let alone just December.
      Myself and Tammy went down to London to see Timeflies perform. If you haven't heard of Timeflies definitely go and check them out, they're an American duo and they're one of my faves. 

The last time they came to the UK was in 2013 so repeating that night was long awaited! Timeflies definitely didn't disappoint either, the venue was really intimate and we were on the front row - I've had major withdrawal ever since the show ended.

If you follow me on Twitter (@sar4helizabeth) you may have seen my crazy tweet thread detailing the funniest highlights of this weekend. To cut a super long story short, that night was filled with getting drunk off diluted vodka, meeting my future bae from the support act Little Giants, talking to Cal Shap (from Timeflies) about Nandos and making new memories and new friends, which leads me onto number 3…

3.    New friendships 



     At the Timeflies show we made friends with Corey from Devon and his sister (also from Devon in case you wondered) and then when the night was over I launched a twitter appeal to #findcorey. We eventually found Corey and calm has been restored. 

We now have planned a rager of a night out with CFD (Corey From Devon) for this Friday so keep an eye on my twitter for a thread of that. 

    During that night we also made friends with a lovely Candian girl called Marlee which resulted in an extremely long Whatsapp phone call. SHOUTOUT TO YOU 

4. Nights Out 



       December is always filled with so many alcohol induced memories and now I've got a repeat of Fresher's Flu without even being a fresher.

 I had so many funny nights out last month where I got proposed to, spilt a drink on someone's white Ralph Lauren jumper, got invited to Ukraine and we made so many 'friends' (as ever). Honestly, if you're wanting to meet new people buy yourself a Lumee case, as soon as you turn it on people literally run towards you hahaha. 

p.s here's Katie looking fab 



5. Family Time 


And as we all know, the best part about December and the festivities is spending time with family, demolishing twice your body weight in chocolate. FYI my brother ate this entire reindeer in one sitting. 


You're all officially caught up now with my December highlights! I honestly had the best 2016 and I'm excited to carry on this positive outlook into 2017.


S x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sarah Elizabeth

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig